[Shop-talk] Frigidaire window AC fan short cycling

Jim Franklin jamesf at groupwbench.org
Sat Jun 6 12:35:18 MDT 2020

I have a friend's used window AC. It runs great until the room is cool, then the fan starts to short cycle. The compressor operates normally. All the googlling gives me answers for a cycling compressor.

Is there a thermostat or overheat switch that would affect the fan? Sometimes it runs for 3 seconds, sometimes 30, sometimes a few minutes. I'd like the fan to run continuously so it a) works to cool the whole house and b) doesn't annoy the ^&#%$&%^ out of me. It does have an Eco mode but I'm not on that, I'm on regular cool.

I don't see a model number but I'm guessing it's roughly 10,000 BTU, maybe a bit more.

thanks,
jim