[Shop-talk] Shipping a gearbox

eric at megageek.com eric at megageek.com
Tue Jun 2 08:14:12 MDT 2020

>Neil ask about shipping a gearbox.

I'm not sure what size you are talking about, but here are some ideas.

Anything over 75 or 80 lbs should be palletized.  You can make a pallet
just larger than the unit.

I simple way to do it is to find a hard sized box (wood or metal.)  then
bolt the gearbox to the pallet and the box. Go from the bottom of the top
layer of the pallet, through the box's floor, and into mount points on the
gearbox.

I hope this makes sense.  I would also cut out some cardboard pryrminds to
tape to the top so then don't stack other items on top.

Let me know if you have any other quesitons.

Thanks

Mule

Waldo Emerson
-Who is John Galt?