[Shop-talk] audio system inquiry

Thomas Coradeschi tjcora at icloud.com
Mon Jul 20 14:22:42 MDT 2020

So, I have no idea what your budget is or any of the rest.

We have leased systems to be used for simultaneous translation in multi-language meetings and they are pretty incredible. Each attendee has a microphone and a wireless headset (set to one of several frequencies, depending on what language you want to listen in).

I don’t see why you could not use the same basic technology in a single language application, and, in fact, given that all are speaking one language, you could probably dispense with the headphones and use a speaker array.

Shure & Bosch are two brands I’ve seen in use, I am sure that there are others.

Tom Coradeschi
tjcora at icloud.com