[Shop-talk] audio system inquiry

Ian McFetridge shop-talk2 at mcfetridge.org
Mon Jul 20 11:42:28 MDT 2020

The below link might be helpful as I think a big issue would be feedback
when Group A is speaking and another noise gets amplified (maybe group B,
HVAC, nearby people, etc.).  You would use a Polycom (or equivalent) for
each group and the "acoustic fence" technology to avoid feedback and get
clear amplification of voices.  I believe it can be setup as two IP phones
on one portable switch, so self-contained.  I don't work for them, but I
remembered looking at this tech a few years ago (we went with Ci$co, which
I would not recommend for this use).

https://www.polycom.com/content/dam/polycom/common/documents/whitepapers/wainhouse-research-evaluation-of-polycoms-noise-reduction-features-enus.pdf

Best,
Ian