[Shop-talk] Studded tire update

eric at megageek.com eric at megageek.com
Sun Jul 5 06:24:45 MDT 2020

Eric asks about adding weight.

This mower is a weird design.  It's two hydrostatic drive wheels with one
rear caster wheel (tripod).  The mower deck and the plow hang off the
front.

The weights seem to have no effect on traction for the plow or the cutter.
 There are springs that hold up the mower deck's rear, and they do make a
difference.

Here is a video of it with the snow thrower on it...

https://www.megageek.com/photo/photoa~1.nsf/a7ffeab012bbfb5b85256eb1007ca7f6/a5873018474f78b9852580790049cf96?OpenDocument&Highlight=0,killdozer

All the weight is on the drive wheels already.  I do have plate weights
for the back, but they are just for when I put on the snow thrower.
Without the weights, instead of lifting the thrower, the rear end lifts
off the ground.