[Shop-talk] Oil Extractors

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Fri Jan 17 19:08:34 MST 2020

Folks,

What do y'all use to suck oil out of small engines?  I've got one of
these, but it never worked worth a damn and the tubing got brittle and
cracked pretty quickly:

*https://tinyurl.com/uh4p7l6*

The problem with it is no matter how fast I pumped there would never be
sufficient vacuum in the canister to move the oil up and out of a sump.
I've got several small displacement engines that need their oil changed
regularly--one is a gravel compactor that weighs over 200lbs--and trying
to tip the engine enough to drain the oil is a real hassle (and messy).
Anyone know of something that works (I see HF has something similar, but
the reviews are mixed and it seems to have the same issues as the
'Topsider').

TIA,
Bob