[Shop-talk] another toilet issue

Jack Brooks JIBrooks at live.com
Sat Aug 22 18:05:36 MDT 2020

Tim,

I had that in one of my rentals.  I plunged, snaked as best as I could and eventually pulled the toilet.  I check both ends for an obstruction.  Eventually, I did notice something, really small which was not white when looking in from the bowl side.  It was barely visible deep in the toilet.  I could not get it out, but fortunately had my 10 year old son with small hands.  It took a lot of begging, promises that it was very clean and a promise of an ice cream afterwards and he finally reached in and snagged a small toy that was restricting flow.  He had no interest in keeping the toy. <grin>

I suspect there is something that is blocking the flow, probably originating from the bowl side.  Don't pull the toilet, but do whatever you can to see into the deeper parts of the toilet and you may find your answer.

Jack