[Shop-talk] multimeter recommendations

Jeff Scarbrough fishplate at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 19:12:36 MDT 2020

" What are folks out there using that you would recommend?"

How accurate do you want to be?  The HF is fine for letting you know if
there's voltage available or not.  Most people don't use that kind of meter
to measure current - most people don't measure current at all.

I love my collection of Fluke meters at work.  But I am fully aware that
they are overkill for checking batteries at home.  I got a clone from Radio
Shack for $20 about 20 years ago and it works great.  But it's overkill,
too.

Chances are, whatever's in your budget is right for you.  It may not become
an heirloom, though.