[Shop-talk] tv - home theater cabling problem

john niolon jniolon at att.net
Fri Aug 14 12:50:23 MDT 2020

Here is my problem
Tv is 75” led  UN75J6300afxza Using U-verse system
Input  to tv is as follows

HDMI1
hdmi cable from Uverse DVR to LG LHT874 home theatre/DVP player through  HDMI input port
Then from HDMI output to HDMI1 port on back of tv set

HDMI2
hdmi cable from Apple TV box to HDMI2 port on back of set

HDMI3

Hdmi cable from Samsung DV/CD disc player to HDMI3 port on back of set

Tv works fine on hdmi1 setting thru home theatre system with home theatre controlling
Sound.

When I switch to HDMI2 and appleTV   the video works fine but I can still hear the audio from
The U-verse on HDMI1

Is there a setting or cable routing that I have wrong or am missing to hear only audio from the HDMI port I select ??

I am not using any component cabling at all   should I be ??