[Shop-talk] Router for the garage

alfuller194 at gmail.com alfuller194 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 14:25:54 MDT 2020

On the 2.4/5 Ghz router I have [Arris brand], you can give the 2.4 a different SSID from the SSID on the 5 Ghz band. If you give them separate names, the smart plugs should only connect to the 2.4 side, and not drop.

A possible downside is if you have a mobile phone or other Wi-Fi client that usually goes between the two, you may have to set it up on both, or on the one you want it to connect to...

All the best,

Al Fuller