[Shop-talk] Annealing Copper bars

Jack Brooks JIBrooks at live.com
Sat Aug 8 12:59:13 MDT 2020

John,

Take a look at the attached pdf, which is for a smoker, but has everything you need to know for setting up a kiln.  Just add a high amp relay (Solid State might be best) instead of the fan output.  At a minimum, it will get you moving in the right direction, as the information is good.

Remember Thermocouples are polarity sensitive.  One lead on a K-type is magnetic, making it easy to figure out.

I found a ton of great information at https://www.facebook.com/groups/516149118764276/.  It’s a private FB group called “Tech Savvy BBQ”  but very knowledgeable about PID controllers and was easy to get approved for.

Listers, I can forward this pdf to you also, as the server will strip the attachment.  Just let me know.

Jack