[Shop-talk] M*th%&$#c<ing small engines d*mn again

Scott Hall scott.hall.personal at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 15:09:02 MDT 2020

The carb is getting fuel. I can see it in the fuel lines and it pumps using
the primer bulb.

The symptoms are identical with the old and new carb. I can't see the end
of the fuel line but the only remaining fuel issue could be that the new
fuel filter (a pumice stone-like thing on the end of the fuel line) could
be restrictive. Working against that theory is that it did the same thing
with the old fuel filter.

I don't think the problem is the fuel system. The problem is...what's left?
I swapped the spark plug just to do it.

It's a four-cycle engine. Might the valves (like the intake and exhaust
valves in the head) come out of adjustment? This condition has been
developing over more than a year...perhaps the valves are slowly coming out
of adjustment?

I don't know what conditions un-adjusted valves cause. I can't think of
what else it could be.