[Shop-talk] Facility Tool List

alfuller194 at gmail.com alfuller194 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 15:18:27 MDT 2020

Hi Jeff:

Will you be doing your own validation work in-house? If so, I would include whatever you need to do smoke tests on fume hoods, differential pressure testing for air locks and between rooms with differing classifications. Air pressure gauges, water/fluid pressure gauges [for testing vessel water jackets, etc.]

I would decide on one brand of cordless tools, and see if I could keep the number of different types/sizes o chargers and batteries to a minimum.

If you will be using a CMMS [computerized maintenance management system], you might consider getting ruggedized tablets for field technicians to use. The CMMS would deliver instructions for maintenance or repair, call out parts and tools needed, and give the tech  place to record the work as started, in-progress and completed.  I recall you work in a regulated facility, so it might also cross-reference whether the tech is current on required training for the work specified.

These are idea starters, I suspect we all will come up with more suggestions in the coming days…

All the best,

Al Fuller