[Shop-talk] Mower PTO shaft

eric at megageek.com eric at megageek.com
Mon Aug 3 10:55:09 MDT 2020

OK, here is another one I can't figure out.

I have a 1978 Excel/Hustler 275 zero turn mower. It still runs great and works great.

Problem is that the PTO shaft needs to be 'balanced' as it vibrates the mower deck a ton.

This is a shaft 'within a shaft' design (like a standard tractor PTO shaft, only smaller.)

Does anyone know how to balance a shaft like that?

Thanks.

Eric

"Be as beneficent as the sun or the sea, but if your rights as a rational being are trenched on, die on the first inch of your territory." Ralph Waldo Emerson -Who is John Galt?