[Shop-talk] De-coupling overhead door torsion spring

Pat Horne patintexas at icloud.com
Tue Oct 15 12:41:02 MDT 2019

Scott, that changes things a bit.

Check out 4 or 5 videos on line to see how to do it. Don’t rely on any that are even slightly different from your door & go by videos where there are multiple videos that show the exact same thing.

My door used 5/8” bars but the key is to use bars that ate correct for your door.

Where are you located?

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne
We support Habitat for Humanity

> On Oct 15, 2019, at 11:40 AM, Scott Hall <scott.hall.personal at gmail.com> wrote:

Huh.  I probably should mention that I too would prefer to pay someone for this.

Apparently where I live is too rural and no one is willing to come out here and I'm tired of begging to pay someone to do it.  It's also been two weeks and I'm going to go ahead and get this done.

With that being said, any help?