[Shop-talk] Weird clutch petal

Robert Nogueirao nogera at icloud.com
Fri Oct 11 21:46:17 MDT 2019

Okay bleed the lines no solution, chance of air in the lines is remote, the slave is higher than the master, the run between them is only a foot or so and the line turns down for only a couple of inches between them. Additionally the bleederis at the highest point of the slave.
The lines are new as is the slave and master.
I did disassemble the master to check it out and it appears to be a Girling knockoff. The piston and reservoir shut off valve feel cheaply made. I’m thinking that the reservoir shutoff may be leaking a bit until pressure is built up thus forcing fluid into the reservoir rather than to the slave.  Only way to check is order a new Girling master from Pegasus, basically a $125 gamble.
Right now Donald and Pat are in the problem solving playoffs.
Will advise if the gamble pays off
Thanks for the suggestions.

Bob Nogueira