[Shop-talk] Winterizing Sprinkler System

john niolon jniolon at att.net
Tue Nov 5 09:40:02 MST 2019

Hi Jim.  I do the same every year.  My system is a little larger  1500’ of pipe in 7 zones.  I have a backflow preventer valve on my sprinkler main line from the house main.  It has a port on each side of the valve that you can screw a male air compressor fitting into.  I simply drag my hose out the box and using a standard quick coupler on the hose connect it to the male fitting on the BFP valve.
Then, I manually cycle thru each zone till I get no water at the farthest sprinkler head... easy to do and doesn’t take but a minute or two on each zone.

john