[Shop-talk] adding to a 4-way switch circuit.

Al Fuller alfuller194 at gmail.com
Thu May 23 18:42:28 MDT 2019

John:  I’m late to this topic, but I have info that might help you…  I too was struggling to get more light in the garage when the garage door opened.

After considering a lot of options, I went with a solution that is cheap and effective!  I replaced the florescent bulb in the opener with an LED light strip that I mounted to the ceiling. Now, when the door opens I get a 16 ft long bright LED strip of light instead of the single bulb.  It’s very bright, and if you need, you can daisy-chain multiples together.

It looks like it is currently $16.99 on Amazon. You will also need a socket adapter so you can plug it into the light bulb socket. I think mine cost me about $3.00.  following is the link to the LEDs on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074N4YVDK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8 <https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074N4YVDK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1> &psc=1

Al Fuller