[Shop-talk] Hearing protection for mowing

John Innis jdinnis at gmail.com
Tue May 21 13:38:14 MDT 2019

I'd also like to find something better.  I am using 3M worktunes muffs, but
if I wear sunglasses there is a gap around the ear seals that reduce the
effectiveity quite a lot.  I tried EAR brand rubber plugs, and various
brands of foam plugs, but they won't stay in my ears.

On Tue, May 21, 2019 at 2:29 PM Brad Kahler via Shop-talk <
shop-talk at autox.team.net> wrote:

> I mow with a commercial model Scag Turf Tiger that has a 27 hp Kawasaki
> motor with the muffler that sits about 30" from my head.
>
> I'm looking for recommendations for a really good set of ear muffs that
> will help keep my ears from ringing when I'm done.  Currently I've been
> using a pair of Echo ear muffs, sometimes with ear plugs combined.  The
> combination isn't real bad but I'd like something better.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brad

= Never offend people with style when you   =
= can offend with substance --- Sam Brown  =