[Shop-talk] B&S mower engine, surging and dying. Ideas?

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Mon May 20 22:25:09 MDT 2019

Addendum:  I'm beginning to think this might be a characteristic of
air-cooled engines (air-cooled engines have larger clearances to begin
with).  I've never seen/heard a liquid-cooled engine do exactly this
but, then again, I don't recall any aircraft engines doing it--they have
dual ignition systems, maybe that makes a difference?--and, if one did,
I wouldn't fly behind it.

Bob