[Shop-talk] adding to a 4-way switch circuit.

Lee Daniels lee at automate-it.com
Mon May 20 22:10:36 MDT 2019

Jeff Scarbrough wrote:

> You might be better off adding a couple of general light fixtures
> controlled by the opener.

This is exactly what I did. Just used a couple of old-school ceramic bases and
loaded them 150W-equivalent CFL's, powered from the original wires going to
the garage-door-opener bulb socket. (Probably not to code here in Texas in
2019.)

I do have 12 T-8 fixtures loaded with "daylight" bulbs to light up the
garage/shop at other times. I didn't see a need to fire these up when I drive
in.
 Lee