[Shop-talk] Pipe/tube size

Jeff Scarbrough fishplate at gmail.com
Mon May 20 17:44:14 MDT 2019

I have a commercial laundry sink that I'd like to make sit a little
higher.  The legs appear to be a regular tube of some type (has a weld
stripe down the side).   At first I assumed it was EMT, since it seems
the same weight and construction.  I figured it would be simple to get
some longer pieces... But the legs have an OD of 1-5/16", and I don't
find a standard EMT size to match.  Wall thickness is about 1/16" +/-.
The leg fits in a socket in the sink, and a foot is inserted into the
tube at the bottom, so size is pretty critical.

Any ideas on what it might be?

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.