[Shop-talk] sealant for tapered threads in gasoline line. Hylomar?

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Wed May 8 08:04:06 MDT 2019

I've used this on cork gaskets to stop some pesky leaks:

*https://tinyurl.com/y2lyh2mg*

FWIW, it looks, smells and feels a lot like Hylomar (not sure how either
would work on threads).  Teflon pipe sealant should work at least as good:

https://www.grainger.com/product/PERMATEX-50mL-Tube-Pipe-Thread-Sealant-2GXX5

I think I'd go with the pipe sealant.

Bob