[Shop-talk] sealant for tapered threads in gasoline line. Hylomar?

Pat Horne patintexas at icloud.com
Tue May 7 17:56:54 MDT 2019

I like permatex 3, also known as aviation form-a-gasket. Started using it in the 60’s on air cooled VW engines. It stands up to gasoline just fine.

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne
We support Habitat for Humanity

On May 7, 2019, at 6:26 PM, Philip Ethier via Shop-talk <shop-talk at autox.team.net> wrote:

Sealant for tapered threads in gasoline line.  Hylomar?

Suspect small leak in Facet fuel pump output, tapered thresd, which was assembled dry.

Is good old Hylomar Blue a good product here?  I have some on hand.

Is there a favorite others have used?

1973 Triumph Stag LE22439UBW "uncle jack", Sapphire Blue
2004 Suburban 8.1, Sport Red
2005 Lotus Elise, Bordeaux Red Pearl
2006 Gulf Stream Conquest Super C, 8.1, White
2017 Ford Fusion SE 2.0 Turbo, Oxford White
http://www.mnautox.com

Shop-talk at autox.team.net