[Shop-talk] Impact wrenches (heavy duty)

Mike Rambour lists at dinospider.com
Mon Feb 25 10:42:39 MST 2019

  Is there such a thing as too much torque  ?

  Based on suggestion earlier in this thread I am looking at the
Milwaukee 18 Fuel and some reviews have said for normal car work this is
too much torque, I can't imagine there is such a thing, once broken
loose there is no torque and if I want it off, I want it off NOW, I
don't want to have to get my blue wrench out.  I have a IR2131 and there
has been some things it no longer removes that it happily removed when
it was 20 or so years younger.

     mike

On 2/25/2019 7:28 AM, Brian and Wendy via Shop-talk wrote:
> I am using the IR Thunder Gun.  625ft-lb reverse torque. I have never
> been disappointed.
>
> Brian Warrick
> Nampa, ID

A gun is like a parachute, if you need one but don't have it,
you'll probably never need one again.