[Shop-talk] Making a door thinner

John Innis jdinnis at gmail.com
Sun Dec 22 08:21:06 MST 2019

This is the direction I was thinking.  There is a CNC router kit from a
outfit called Maslow that will do 4x8 sheets of plywood.  Something like
this should be adaptable to meet your needs.
https://www.maslowcnc.com/

On Sun, Dec 22, 2019 at 9:08 AM Eric Russell via Shop-talk <
shop-talk at autox.team.net> wrote:

> Nothing against obtaining more tools but you might also look for a door
> making shop. They would likely have an industrial size wide belt sander.
> I've brought them wide glue ups for tables and they did not charge me an
> outrageous amount to run them through the machine.
>
> http://www.hermance.com/Industrial/Wide-Belt-Sanders
>
> Or, along the lines of tool acquisition, a jig to hold a router would
> allow you mill off an fairly exact amount of material. I made one out of
> aluminum channel & angle. Woodpecker Tools sells one (at a a hefty
> price...).
>
> https://www.woodpeck.com/woodpeckers-slab-flattening-mill.html
> Eric Russell
> Mebane, NC
>
> On 12/22/2019 9:42 AM, Arvid via Shop-talk wrote:
>
> Maybe a drum sander like this ...
> https://www.grizzly.com/products/Grizzly-18-1-1-2-HP-Open-End-Drum-Sander-w-VS-Feed/G0458Z
> ... and appropriate infeed, side and outfeed tables to support the door as
> you do each edge.
> On 12/22/19 8:26 AM, Jim Stone via Shop-talk wrote:
>
> I am installing a barn door in my recently remodeled house and have come
> up with a problem I would like the group’s help with.  I need to put up a
> pair of 8’ x 30" barn doors, one of which will slide in next to a tall
> kitchen cabinet.  So, not exactly a pocket door, but it needs to fit into a
> pocket.

= Never offend people with style when you   =
= can offend with substance --- Sam Brown  =