[Shop-talk] Is this thing still on? <Thanksgiving and Leaf Blowers>

Jim Franklin jamesf at groupwbench.org
Mon Dec 2 08:30:31 MST 2019

Drifiting a bit off topic but it should be noted that Sears closed because of greed-based mismanagement and nothing else. OSH was owned by Sears and died by their sword. OSH was my mecca and it was like watching a neighborhood of longstanding, beautiful, diverse, hand built homes being razed and replaced by a Soviet-era apartment block.

Ace in my hood is just ok, way fewer fasteners and always out of most of the things I want. An employee told me that's becasuse the district managers get bonuses based on how low they can keep inventory. No idea if that's true.

They also have an attack parrot who will nip you if you get too close, like, say, when walking around the store not expecting to violate a parrot's territory. Both the store manager, and the local neighbors, crucified me when I brought this up as a problem, especially for small kids, so I crawled back under my curmudgeopn rock when I await rescue from my people.

Amazon has been great for reviews and for weird stuff, so I'm torn between how I feel.

jim