[Shop-talk] Is this thing still on? <Thanksgiving and Leaf Blowers>

Brian Kemp bk13 at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 1 22:42:15 MST 2019

Eric - I have a Stihl BR 500 backpack blower.  The local air quality
management district (California thing) had a blower exchange for
landscapers and sold/discounted this model - less emissions and lower
noise then the older two stroke blowers most of us hate to hear.

https://www.stihlusa.com/products/blowers-and-shredder-vacs/professional-blowers/br500/

I normally put in ear plugs, but for a quick use, you can get away
without them.  It actually seems quieter than my electric blower. I've
only used TruFuel and had no problems in the three years I've had the
blower.

Best to buy from a local dealer with products like this.  Does not
appear to be sold on Amazon.

Echo has a similar product.  I recommend a blower with the throttle on
the blower so your left hand is free to pick something up or move
something out of the way.  The other design is one hand to hold the
blower tube and the other for the throttle.

Brian