[Shop-talk] Trying to find odd oil seal

Pat Horne patintexas at icloud.com
Sat Sep 2 19:25:47 MDT 2017

Thanks, Donald. Never seen this type before either.

My description may have been clear to me, but not to others. The slinky comment I made meant to be that the shat goes through the center of the slinky, not wrapping the slinky around the shaft. The slinky had a rubber wiper on the inner dimension, causing multiple lips to be against the shaft when in use. You had to have the correct wind on the slinky so the oil would be pumped back into the engine, rather than pumped out!

Peace,
Pat