[Shop-talk] How to get a replacement key for a newer car

eric at megageek.com eric at megageek.com
Mon May 22 08:21:35 MDT 2017

OK, I actually have a key cutter at home, but these new car keys are
something else.

Can anyone point me to a source of a replacement key for a modern car
(2007 Mercedes GL450).

What is the process, I have to buy a 'blank' and have it programmed at a
dealer?  Is there some website I can give the VIN/Key code to and get it
sent to me? (a reputable place, so someone doesn't show up over night and
break into the garage an steal said car.)

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
Tech Viper
Waldo Emerson