[Shop-talk] Car emblem adhesive?

John Miller jem at milleredp.com
Mon May 15 15:46:34 MDT 2017

On 5/15/2017 1:44 PM, greg wrote:
> Emblem Tape, it's a black thin foam double sided adhesive tape. Trim it to match the new emblem and press in place.

Yeah, I keep Curse-Of-The-Pharoahs* strength 3M double-stick tape on
hand in a couple of the thinner thicknesses, McMaster-Carr is a reliable
source but you end up with 50 feet or so.

Don't worry, you'll use it to hang kids on walls and toilet paper
dispensers on kids**...and timer panels on Lemons car gauge panels***
and other things you haven't thought of.

Spouse: Can you put this up?

Me: Okay (runs to garage, checks drawer, realize left the right stuff
with the Lemons car partner) Uh, give me a couple days...

John.

* think I got the expression from Satch Carlson in something
Saab-related two and a half decades ago.

** please make sure to put the tape somewhere not life-threatening.

*** not all crap you throw into a race car has mounting lugs.
Unfortunately.  You can drill a couple holes and throw a wire-tie over it.