[Shop-talk] Long reach, articulated, ceiling mount lamp?

Peter J. Thomas pj_thomas at comcast.net
Fri Dec 1 06:46:02 MST 2017

On 11/30/2017 11:50 AM, Jim Franklin wrote:
> A buddy is looking for a lamp to shine on his work at the bench, but where the lamp itself won't be in his way. One of those dentist lamps would be ideal if they weren't $100s. Anyone know of a long reach, positionable, LED capable, ceiling mount lamp? Google isn't coming up with anything. Oh yea, cheap too. :-)
I use an old desk lamp, the kind with spring loaded arms that pivot in a
mount that clamps on the desk.  I ditched the clamp mount and drilled a
hole in a block of wood mounted to a shelf next to my bench.

http://www.globalindustrial.com/p/office-school-supply/accessories-furnishings/desk-accessories/relius-solutions-swing-arm-incandescent-lamp-45-reach-white?infoParam.campaignId=T9F&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIko--8fjo1wIVkbXACh3eYwy6EAQYBiABEgKeJ_D_BwE