[Shop-talk] Using a stump grinder

Brian Kemp bk13 at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 10 22:05:03 MDT 2017

Stump grinding can be tough.  I'd get an estimate from someone with a
bigger stump grinder.  That will be more powerful and faster.  It will
also likely go deeper if you plan to clear out the organic material and
create a better base for an expanded driveway.

The grinder also weighs 250lb, so keep that in mind if you have to lift
into a truck.  You are likely to need a helper using the grinder as well
to rake away the cuttings while you grind.

Brian