[Shop-talk] Does this type of garage door opener exist?

eric at megageek.com eric at megageek.com
Tue Nov 29 09:29:08 MST 2016

I am trying to find out if they make a special type of garage door opener.

Here is the deal, I have a 14' high door with a commercial opener on it
already.  It has an "Open", "Close", and "Stop" button.

about 80% of the time, I don't need it to open to full height.

Do they make a garage door opener interface that would, by default only
open the door at a preset level, if one remote was pressed but opened all
the way if another one was pressed?

(or some other way to get the door only to open halfway but still be able
to open all the way?)

I know I can press the button halfway up to get it to stop, but there is
always the change that I don't open it high enough, or if my finger slips,
it could start to close as I'm pulling in or out.

Let me know if you ever found something like this.

Thanks.

Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
Tech Viper
Waldo Emerson