[Shop-talk] What is the best trickle charger? (and Harbor Freight Go-Jacks followup)

Ian McFetridge shop-talk2 at mcfetridge.org
Tue Nov 22 07:33:31 MST 2016

I've had good luck with the Battery Tender, bought the first one below
after learning it was the one BMW rebranded and sold for a lot more.  I
used it continuously for two years on my M3 without any issues, and the
quick connect made it, well, quick to disconnect and reconnect.  The M3 had
a habit of killing it's battery just sitting in the garage, but the tender
took care of that issue.

The small tender (Junior .75A), I used for my small gas generator, again,
constantly on for several years without issue.

- Ian
<https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FW2MWW/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1>
Ordered on January 1, 2014 (2 items)
Battery Tender 081-0148-25 25' Quick Disconnect Extension Cable
<https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FW2MWW/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1>
Battery Tender
Sold by: Amazon.com LLC
<https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00068XCQU/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1>
Ordered on January 1, 2014 (2 items)
Battery Tender 021-0128 Battery Tender Plus 12V Battery Charger
<https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00068XCQU/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1>
Battery Tender
Sold by: Amazon.com LLC
<https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CITK8S/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1>
Ordered on March 24, 2012 (6 items)
Battery Tender 021-0123 Battery Tender Junior 12V Battery Charger