[Shop-talk] What is the best trickle charger?

Eric J Russell ejrussell at mebtel.net
Fri Nov 18 13:14:15 MST 2016

What is the intended use? I think there are two categories to consider - battery charger vs battery maintainer. There may be units that accomplish both but I suspect the cost of such may be higher than buying one of each type.

I have a Battery Minder (battery maintainer category) that I bought at Northern Tool a few years ago. On sale it cost ~ $25-$30. I rotate it around between my motorcycle, trailer winch battery & any car that doesn't get get driven regularly. It keeps these batteries well charged and ready for use.

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC