[Shop-talk] What is the best trickle charger? (and Harbor Freight Go-Jacks followup)

eric at megageek.com eric at megageek.com
Fri Nov 18 10:46:48 MST 2016

Friends, I hope this doesn't turn into a "synthetic or conventional oil"
type debate.

What is currently the best trickle charger on the market?  I'm tried of
ones that break or don't seem to work properly.  I currently use
Shumakers, but they don't seem to be doing the job.  (Maybe I just need a
different model of theirs?)

Price isn't a huge issue, (under $200 a piece I would guess.)  But I want
something that will work.  I use them, all the time, on a forklift,
motorcycles, ATV, Generator and a few other items.

TIA.

Update on Harbor Freight Go Jacks.  They are not hydraulic like actually
go jacks.  They DO lift the trailer with no issues and I can move it on
pavement.  I does require alot of force to move, but that isn't the jacks
issue.)  I'm thinking the hydraulic ones are NOT preferred as they have
seals that can go bad over time.  These are mechanical and there isn't
anything really to fail.

If you ever wanted a set, order them now for $70 each and save serious
cash!

Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
Tech Viper
Waldo Emerson