[Shop-talk] Auto Batteries

Doug Braun doug at dougbraun.com
Tue Nov 8 09:26:22 MST 2016

At any place you buy batteries off the shelf, be sure to check the date
code sticker!
If you don't, you might end up getting a 6 month old battery instead of a
one month old one.
and there's a good chance that the 6 month old battery hasn't been charged
since it
was put out.

The last time I bought a battery, it was from Wal-Mart.  The date code was
just a
pair of letters, but fortunately the sales guide for the store associates
was sitting on the
shelf, and it had an explanation of the code.

Previously I had bought batteries at Sam's Club, and they had a sticker with
plain non-coded month and year.

Doug