[Shop-talk] Mounting a compressor

john niolon jniolon at att.net
Fri Jun 3 18:53:35 MDT 2016

Eric... mine is a 80 gallon horizontal... original install was just sitting on a concrete slab on it’s metal feet... vibration and noise through the whole shop.  Later mounted it to two crossties (short one at each end) and it’s amazing how much noise and vibration it took away... It’s in a shed attached to the shop and out of site, so looks don’t matter.  I have to listen sometimes to tell if it’s running...   I’d mount to a couple of 6x6 or at least 4x4  Add some hockey pucks for more isolation if you want... it WILL make a huge difference

john