[Shop-talk] Mounting a compressor

eric at megageek.com eric at megageek.com
Fri Jun 3 13:20:19 MDT 2016

I was just wonder how most people mount their vertical air compressors.

I've always left mine on the pallet it was shipped on and that seem to
work well.

Today they delivered the new monster compressor and it's huge.  The pallet
it's on is much larger then what would be needed.

is it better to mount them on wood for free standing or is it better to
bolt it down?  FWIW, I'm putting it on an asphalt floor (inside.)  But I
can pour concrete if a pad is better.

It just seems to me that having the wood helps absorbed vibrations.

What's the 'correct' answer, and what is best practices?

TIA!!!

Sent from my Commodore 64 on a 2400 Baud Modem.
Eric P
Waldo Emerson