[Shop-talk] ford 3.0L v-6 water pump heater hose fitting

Pat Horne patintexas at icloud.com
Tue Aug 2 05:37:22 MDT 2016

Heater hose should last longer than a few years, so put a stub of hose on the fitting & plug the hose.

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne
We support Caldwell County Habitat for Humanity

On Aug 1, 2016, at 10:59 AM, john niolon <jniolon at att.net> wrote:

Hi Guys... got a Generac 30kw standby generator... it has a ford v-6 3.0 engine.  The water pump has a heater hose outlet pipe... typical metal pipe with a bubble flare at the hose end where you clamp on the heater hose.. since the generator has no heater this fitting has a rubber cap held on by a screw clamp... every couple of years this cap deteriorates and either sprays antifreeze every dang where or just seeps till the coolant level is below the sensor and the generator will not run (no/low coolant fault).. the metal fitting seems to be press fit into the water pump (no obvious threads or hex fitting to screw it out.  I don’t want to screw it up and it cost me a new water pump...

the question... is there another way to seal this metal fitting permanently instead of the cap that deteriorates ??  something plastic or metal that can stand the heat and vibration and not leak  I’m about ready to drive a wooden plug in it !!!  somebody has got to make something that will work...

shop content... it keeps the lights on in my shop when it’s running (and not leaking antifreeze)

thanks
John

Shop-talk at autox.team.net
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums