[Shop-talk] Battery-operated tools

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Apr 10 13:50:58 MDT 2016

> How many dead batteries and useless chargers have we all
> accumulated in
> our shops, anyway??

And how many flashlight batteries have I thrown away?  Same concept; batteries are consumables even when they are rechargeable.

I have a full set of corded tools; when I need to do some serious hole creation I dig out the old Milwaukee "Hole Shooter" and
however much cord is needed.  But 99% of the time, I still grab the cordless drill.  Kind of lost track, the pair of batteries I
just got might be my 4th set in 20+ years (and yes, I save the old ones for no apparent reason); but the convenience is worth the
price IMO.  And at under $10/year (two no-name batteries were under $50), the cost seems reasonable.

Come to think of it, I've got more dead cell phones than dead battery packs <G>

Randall