[Shop-talk] Air compressor--really worth the extra money?

John Miller jem at milleredp.com
Sun Jul 26 12:01:50 MDT 2015

On 7/26/2015 10:46 AM, Mark Andy wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> I've back to backed the 5hp HF against my Champion 5hp unit.

I've got a 20gal DeVilbiss, bought it 15+ years ago, hung it 8ft up on
the wall a decade ago after we remodeled, it built the house and has
done a lot of car work and been worth every friggin' penny I spent on it
and then some, but I think it's wearing out and I'd like something
bigger and it's pretty loud up on the wall of the garage for everyday use.

That Champion looks acceptable, cost-wise, the HF unit perhaps even more
so, the plan at this point is to noise-insulate a chunk of a cabinet out
in the side yard adjacent to the fence and run conduit and air line out
there for it.

The TP Tools website doesn't show me a height, and that's a potential
constraint.  Can I get you to grab a measuring tape and tell me how tall
it is?

Thanks.

John.