[Shop-talk] Blackening sockets/wrenches stamped markings.

Jack Brooks JIBrooks at Live.com
Wed Sep 24 23:39:55 MDT 2014

What. . . you guys don't just look at the nut/bolt and grab the right socket
every time?   <grin/sarcasm>

Jack

-----Original Message-----
From: Shop-talk [mailto:shop-talk-bounces at autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Peter
J. Thomas
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 9:58 AM
To: Shop Talk
Subject: [Shop-talk] Blackening sockets/wrenches stamped markings.

I have a lot of various sockets and wrenches that have stamped markings
which are hard to read when your under the car with low lighting.  I
wondering if anyone has "blackened" their tools to make the markings
more readable, similar to the etched easy to read sockets.  I was
thinking either use liquid electrical tape or gun blueing.  Not sure
either would be durable on a chromed tool.  Has anyone done this?

Peter T.

Shop-talk at autox.team.net
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: