[Shop-talk] Tig Welder

steve hochschild shochschild at att.net
Wed Sep 3 12:56:44 MDT 2014

As the sign on the wall of the store reads: "Speed costs money, how fast
do you want to go?"

Just my opinion, but a 'good' welder means Lincoln, Miller, or other
brand name.  I am partial to Miller, myself.  I have a Diversion 165,
which will weld _thin_ aluminum, as well as steel.  The current version
of this is the Diversion 180 I think.  When I was in school I learned on
a Synchrowave, which has a lot of adjustability.

In any case, www.millerwelds.com/products/tig/ would be a good place to
start...

Where are you located?