[Shop-talk] direct burial Cat 5

Brian Kemp bk13 at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 16 15:01:01 MST 2014

If I did it, I'd run it in PVC conduit.  1/2" conduit is cheap and may
even offset the extra cost of direct burial cable.  I'd be concerned
about a rock or rodent damaging the cable over time.  If you are doing
any future digging, the conduit will also prevent a single push of the
shovel from cutting the cable.

There are narrow trenching shovels that make trenches easier than a
standard shovel.

Brian