[Shop-talk] Chainsaw oil

Richard Beels rbeels at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 20 01:05:26 MDT 2014

you'll be fine, just drain off the water.

the thing that's special about bar oil is the tackifier package that
keeps it from all being flung off the tip when the chain makes a 180
at speed.  mobil 1 can't do that and the bottom of the bar goes dry,
gets hot and then the  chain gets hot, stretches and flings off the
bar at speed.

At 03/19/2014 at 12:14, Shakespearean monkeys danced on Mark Miller's
keyboard and said:
>Anything special about bar oil?
>I have a case of oil that got gnawed on a bit by mice.  Some on the
>bottom of the bottles (big mess - likely especially for the mice),
>some on or near the tops so the bottles are still mostly full but
>there is probably a bit of rainwater in them.  This seems like it
>would be fine to use.  What say ye, o list of collected (and
>singular) brilliance?
>
>Regards,
>
>Mark Miller

Cheers!