[Shop-talk] Door weatherstripping

Ian McFetridge shop-talk2 at mcfetridge.org
Tue Mar 18 04:24:53 MDT 2014

I had a new solid wood door installed two years ago using the bulb-type
weatherstrip.  I noticed the other day that there are a couple small tears
in the stripping and I'm wondering if it will last five years.  The
material is fairly tough, with a nylon mesh finish over the foam, so I was
surprised to see small tears.  Just another data point.

- Ian