[Shop-talk] pot

Mike phoenix722 at comcast.net
Tue Jul 8 20:21:20 MDT 2014

Well, the subject line should get some readers, anyway.

I have a cast aluminum pot (actually, with the lid it is a Dutch Oven).  It is
ancient, probably pushing 100 years old.  Great cooking vessel, I use it all
the time.  But.......over the years it is showing it's age.  I have used steel
wool, and it works fairly well on the machined surfaces, but the un-machined
spots are too porous.  Anyone have some good suggestions on how to clean it
better?  I suppose one can buy some sort of aluminum cleaner, but I'm always
leery of chemical-type things.  Sometimes they damage the surface.

Mike