[Shop-talk] Nibbler

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Oct 31 14:28:12 MDT 2013

Not what you want to hear, but I bought an HF air nibbler for the same exact purpose (except there wasn't a coil inside the plenum).
It worked perfectly for that one job, and IMO will have been worth the money even if I never use it again.

It was some hassle snaking air hose up in the attic (where the plenum was), but not a lot worse than pulling an extension cord into
the same area.  Took 100 ft of 3/8" hose plus 25 feet of 1/4" to reach from my compressor, but the nibbler seemed to work OK even
with all that hose.  Don't recall for certain, but I think I used the unregulated air port, which would be about 130 psi with my old
single-stage compressor.

I'd take the same approach again.  If you were local, I'd even loan you the nibbler, but it's not worth shipping back and forth
across country.

Randall